Quiet Times

Saturday, May 3, 2014

(photo credit: Osamu Uchida via photopin cc)

I sit here right now, on my bed with a hot cup of tea in my hands, reveling in this quietness on a Saturday morning. There are birds chirping outside my window and other than that I hear the television on downstairs and my parents chatting with each other about the upcoming day amongst other things. Overall though, it's quiet.

I thrive in the quietness and slow paced life. Recently I realized just how introverted I tend to be. While I thoroughly enjoy socializing with others and need it on a daily basis, I also need time to just sit and decompress. This quietness today is a much needed time for me to re-energize and process the busy season I'm in. You can find my recent post about the current busy season I find myself in here.

While it's been quiet here on this blog, I can assure you that it's not been all that quiet on a daily basis. Jobs, vacation, preparing for my trip to Haiti, writing thank you notes, and keeping up with my friends and family things have occupied my time. God has been bringing me out of my comfort zone. His stretching and molding does not go unnoticed though. When I do take the time to stop and realize what it is He's been doing my life, I cannot help but praise Him for this time.

This morning's quietness is refreshing. It's a nice break in my otherwise busy season. I'm asking you dear sweet readers, that if you feel led to, would you mind praying for me during this season? Please pray that God would continue to grow me and mold me into the woman He needs me to be and to prepare me for the trip to Haiti. Please pray that God would infuse me with His Holy Spirit so that all that I say and do would be pleasing in His sight. I'm so grateful for you all and cannot thank you enough for any and all prayers and encouragement.

I encourage all of you to stop, take some quiet time today with the Lord, or even quiet time to just decompress, and let God re-energize you. It's in our quietness and trust in Him alone that we will find the strength to run the race set before us.

For thus said the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel, "In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength." Isaiah 30:15

Please feel free to leave comments below in how it is that I can also be praying for you.


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply