Summer Reading

Saturday, July 13, 2013

                                              (Image courtesy of [anankkml] / FreeDigitalPhotos.net)

One of my favorite all time summer activities is reading. Reading by the pool, reading at the beach, reading on the porch, reading on the couch during a summer shower and even reading in bed on a hot summer's night. Summer was always been a great time for me to catch up on my reading because once school finished I was free to read whatever it was that struck my fancy (instead of those ginormous textbooks that cost a pretty penny too). Even now that I'm done with school though I still find summer a special time of the year to catch up on my reading.

(Is it kind of weird that I found it somewhat exciting when I happened to pass by a mother and her boys book shopping for their summer reading list? ... Ok, maybe a little weird but it sure brought back fun memories!)

Anyways, so far this summer I've read:

1. Chosen By God by R.C. Sproul

2. The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck

3. Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss

4. What's So Great About the Doctrines of Grace by Richard Phillips (free for the month of July!)

5. Get Married: What Women Can Do to Help it Happen by Candice Watters

Currently I'm reading Aunt Jane's Hero by Elizabeth Prentiss and am working my way through Getting Started with Latin by William Linney. I'm hoping to read more by R.C. Sproul and Elizabeth Prentiss as I've taken a great liking to both of them.

Reading in general is one of my favorite past times but there is something about the summer that makes it extra special for me.

All that reading can become expensive though so don't forget to check out my post on 5 Cost Effective Ideas for Buying Books. These are the five main ways I've learned to save while still being able to read a lot. Click here to read the post!

What are some of the books you're reading this summer?


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply