Fingernail chipped, Messy haired, Jesus Loving, Me

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

(photo credit: Βethan via photopin cc )

This poor old blog of mine seems bare. I've not had the time or even the desire to post something lately. The writers block I've been experiencing has left me scratching my head in confusion. Why so dry? I've been so busy lately living life, experiencing new things beyond my wildest dreams, and feeling renewed once again, surely I would have something to write about... right?

Wrong.

The words just haven't flowed... that is until I realized what my problem was. I've been trying to be super-spiritual. You know what that means right? When you want to be so on fire for God that you can't help but spiritualize every single aspect of your life and weave it together into some sort of amazing super-spiritual lesson? Where you see things so clearly that you can't help but feel so proud that you thought of this amazing biblical lesson all on your own? (Note the sarcasm here.)

Yeah... that's what I mean by super-spiritual.

But I'm not that person. I live an amazing life with God that sometimes looks and seems pretty normal. In fact, I do live a normal life. No I'm not talking about an average, boring, superfluous life. I'm talking about a life where I do have to wash dishes, do laundry, grocery shop, budget, pay off student loans, and work hard. That's the kind of normal life I do live.

I'm not always in a super-spiritual mood where I can find a lesson for the reasons why my patience is wearing thin once again as a sweet child refuses to pick up their trash they left littered on the floor. I'm just plain old losing my patience here!!!

But I digress. I think all of these things is the reason why this poor old blog of mine has been bare boned lately. So I'm making a resolution to try my best to write... just write with real honesty and not super-spiritualizing (is that even a word?) everything.

I'm just a young woman, with chipped nail polish, messy morning hair --sans makeup-- with a whole lot more questions than answers, learning to follow and trust God with her whole heart, soul, mind and strength. I'm not perfect and frankly, I don't want to be, not on this side of eternity anyway. None of us are perfect... and that's ok... because believe it or not God loves us anyways.

It is my hope and prayer that this blog won't be so abandoned in the future, and while I can't promise that I'll be doing 2-3 posts a week, I can assure you that I will try my hardest to just be normal, messy haired, tea-drinking, Jesus loving me in these posts from now on.

Thank you to all the godly women out there who have had the courage to open up about themselves and showed me where it is that I was getting it wrong! God used you in a powerful way. I am extremely grateful.


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply