Updates, Missions, Summer!

Monday, June 16, 2014

(photo credit: Oblivious Dude via photopin cc)

I've managed to go quite a while without an update on this blog and for that I apologize. Life has gotten a tad bit crazy the past few weeks! With the school year winding down (only a week left), and my mission trip to Haiti coming up (only two weeks until I leave), I've found that writing blog posts have been the last thing on my mind lately! But not to worry. I've had different ideas floating around  about what to do with my little space on the world wide web.

Anyway, here is my quick update on what's been going on....

There's still some last minute errands and things to do before the trip. I need to find a baseball cap, buy more bug spray, choose what I'll be wearing in Haiti each day and help pack the supplies my team and I will be carrying. Overall though, I'm happy to report that so far things have gone very smoothly! (To God be all the praise!) I had hardly any problems with getting my passport and booking the flights through Brent Gambrell Ministries (the ministry I'm staying with) was so easy. My hats off to this amazing organization. They've been such a blessing to work with and have made life so much easier for me as I prepare. BGM has truly been a God-send! It's been so exciting to prepare for this trip and it's hard to believe that it's now less than two weeks away. Any and all prayers would also be much appreciated!

I may not have time to update as often until the hazy, hot and humid days of July roll around but I didn't want to leave you hanging until then. I'll definitely try to update the Facebook page more often while the blog is quieter.

I wanted to leave you with two beautiful videos by BGM, a ministry that is the hands and feet of Jesus Christ.



There are many ways to partner with BGM's A Door To Hope not just by traveling to Haiti. May we be a people who comes alongside ministries such as this one and continue to be the hands and feet of Jesus on earth today.


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply