Single Woman's Blogging Challenge: Day Nine {A Song that Makes me Cry}

Friday, November 1, 2013

Today's Prompt: Name a song that makes you cry every time you hear it and why

In Christ Alone.

That song gets me almost every time I hear it. Not in a bad way, but in a marvelous, beautiful, awe inspiring one! Have you ever listened to the lyrics? I mean really listened to them? They tell a story; and not just any story but the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Not too long ago I woke up with the tune to this song in my heart. I hadn't heard it sung in a while but I knew of it because my church's worship team would sing it every so often. I didn't know why I suddenly had this song on my brain. Of course I didn't think too much of it and went about my day nearly forgetting about it completely.

That same night though, as I lay in my bed after a somewhat difficult day, the song came back into my head. Something prompted me to look it up on Youtube. (Anyone else do that? I think I'm obsessed with Youtube a little too much.)

The message of Jesus' love washed over me afresh. I could feel His arms around me like I've never felt in my life. I could feel His love pour into my heart. The floodgates opened. I bawled like a baby. I hadn't cried like that in a long time. But this love that surpassed my own understanding filled me up to the brim and overflowed. I cannot describe the feeling I had.

It was powerful.

It was peaceful.

It was amazing.

The last stanza to the song blew me away. I've never felt so safe, loved, grateful and secure upon hearing these words:
"No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand."

-In Christ Alone
I listened to it once again before turning out the lights and falling asleep in Jesus' loving arms. I think that song was played over and over and over again within the next few months.

And you want to know something else? After that happened more than one person commented that I was glowing. People asked if I had done something different to my appearance. I smiled knowing it was nothing that I had done, but rather it was what He had done. He touched me with that song.

To this day whenever I listen to that song I tear up with joy. I nearly bawled my eyes out when everyone sang this song at my sister's wedding last year. Thankfully I kept it together for the most part.

If you haven't listened to this beautiful song I encourage you to click the video below and listen to the lyrics. Jesus' love is so beautiful, so powerful, so true. He loves you and me with a love so divine and perfect that it will bring us to tears.



share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply