Showing Respect

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Working with children has opened my eyes to many things about myself. There's nothing like a willful, persistent child to shatter your best attempts at always speaking gently, loving without getting angry and never running out of patience. Pulling out the superiority card usually comes when I want things to get done quickly and I'm tired of trying to slowly nurture the right response. While there is a place for correcting and lovingly disciplining, more often than not nurturing and helping is the way to go.

I'm not superior to these precious children. God's entrusted me to nurture and encourage them during the school day. I need to be careful how I speak, what I speak and when I speak to these children. They may very well remember what I say and do, the good and bad, for the rest of eternity.

A few weeks ago, I read an amazing blog post by Bambi over at In the Nursery of the Nation that deals with respecting your children. While I only hope to someday have my own children I realize that most of the wisdom in her post can be applied to my situation at school as well. Please take a moment to read this insightful and extremely helpful post on how we can show respect to the little ones. After all these little children will be adults one day.

Ten Ways to Show Respect to your Children


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
2 Comments »

2 Responses to “Showing Respect”

  1. Gretchen, thank you so much for your sweet comment on my recent post. You are such an encouragement to me and I am grateful I've gotten to meet you in the online world. :) Praying you have a beautiful week and that God reminds you how much you are loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brooke, Thank you for being an encouragement to me as well. You are such an amazing woman of God and I am so glad we've became friends!! Thank you for your kind words Brooke. I am truly grateful for your support and love. God is using you greatly!
      Blessings to you Brooke! Thank you again!

      Delete