10+ Scriptures on Womanhood

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Bible has a lot to say on womanhood. Contrary to modern culture, all of it still applies to women today. I remember a couple of years ago when I became increasingly interested in what it was the Bible had to say about the role of women. I was still in college and majoring in Women's and Gender studies. The classes I took were saturated with feminist ideology. At first I was proud of what I was learning. But somewhere, deep down, that still small voice whispered to me that this was not the truth. What the feminists were touting was all a lie.

This in turn drove me to search out books on what the Bible had to say about being a woman. I began reading more on what God declared was real, genuine womanhood. Everything I read far outweighed what I was being taught. In fact the feminists view didn't even hold a candle to the truth about what God said.

Needless to say I changed majors. I still ended up with a concentration in Women's Studies but I am grateful for everything I learned in those classes. The Lord used them to teach me greatly. Real, biblical womanhood is what I truly hope to attain.

Here are some of my favorite verses on biblical womanhood.

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.
Genesis 1:27

The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” Genesis 2:18
  
The Lord announces the word, and the women who proclaim it are a mighty throng
Psalm 68:11

The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.
Proverbs 14:1

She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
Proverbs 31:17

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:30
    
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.
1 Timothy 2:9-10

Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
Titus 2:3-5 

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
1 Peter 3-4


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply