Vermont's Breathtaking Beauty

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Last week I went on a mini-vacation with family and friends to the rustic state of Vermont! My family and I are blessed to have friends who have a home there and every year in the summer time we try like to take our annual vacation in the mountains of Quechee. I had such a fun time going shopping in historic Woodstock and Vermont's largest antique store! There was even this quaint new country store near the Quechee Gorge that I went to twice on one day; it was just that sweet!

On the very last day of our vacation we hiked down the Quechee Gorge where I was once again amazed at God's creation. I snapped a few photos to share and thought that the beautiful hymn "How Great Thou Art" captures the essence of these photos perfectly.


 O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

 
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

 
 When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.


 Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!
 

If you're ever in the vicinity of New England, I highly recommend you stop by Vermont! The beauty is truly breathtaking.


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
6 Comments »

6 Responses to “Vermont's Breathtaking Beauty”

  1. I grew up in Maine and spent lots of vacations in Vermont at my grandmother's house. You're right, it is breathtaking. I really haven't seen anything more beautiful than Vermont, especially in the fall-- or what they call "Leaf peeping season".
    Thanks for sharing your photos, though they made me a bit homesick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! Oh I loveee Maine! That is another spectacular place where God's beauty is seen in amazing ways. I agree that Vermont is probably one of the best places to be in the fall. It never gets old to see the foliage and colors bursting with life.
      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. HI Gretchen! I am coming over from Teaching What is Good.

    So glad you had the chance to go on vacation, and I get some of the benefit! Those photos are just gorgeous, and I can see why you would think of How Great Thou Art. I have been to Vermont, but it was ages ago, and I don't think it was this pretty!

    So nice to meet you through the bloghop today!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ceil,
      Thank you so much for stopping by! Yes, as I was looking at the photos that wonderful hymn came to mind. God's work is truly amazing and He is truly great!
      So nice to meet you too Ceil! Thanks again for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I get lost in God's beauty as often as I can! Also, love the hymn...one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete