VBS Kingdom Rock

Friday, July 26, 2013

Next week is Vacation Bible School here in my hometown! I have some fond memories of VBS from when I was a child and am excited to participate again at VBS for the first time since then. My home church which has a wealth of young children is hosting the elementary aged children with the theme of Kingdom Rock: Where Kids Stand Strong For God.

In hindsight I can now see the extreme importance of early childhood discipleship and training in God's Word. The seeds that are planted in young hearts are such a vital part of shaping lives for God's glory. That doesn't mean of course that those who were not trained in the fear and admonition of the Lord cannot bring God glory later on in life nor does it mean that they cannot make an impact for the Lord. God is able to use ANYONE at ANY AGE at ANYTIME! But the training of young children is prime time for shaping hearts and minds and should not be neglected.Vacation Bible School is just one way to disciple and teach these precious children.

I'm definitely excited to go back and attend VBS once again after all these years!

Did anyone else attend VBS as a child or send your children to VBS? Please share of some your favorite VBS memories in the comments below!

I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:1-2


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply