Friday's Recommendations + One Easy Recipe

Friday, February 15, 2013

True Love

I pray you all had a wonderful Valentines Day, regardless of your relationship status. I was so blessed to have received a few valentines from some of the little children I work with as well as one from my amazing sister.

First and foremost though, let's remember what Real Love looks like:

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. 
Philippians 2:1-4

Jesus Christ is the One Who is Love incarnate and humbled Himself to death on a Cross! (Philippians 2:8) What Love indeed!
  
Friday's Recommendations 

Here are a few of my favorite links (the last two are older ones) that I've recently read:

3 Gifts of Love for Your Future Husband  @ Stay At Home Daughter

Michelle Duggar~ A Role Model for Gentleness @ Women Living Well

social media & acknowledging Jesus before men @ Biblical Homemaking

Easy Recipe

And now for a super healthy, easy, Daniel Fast friendly, recipe!

Fruit Granola Salad


For the salad you'll need some lettuce of your choice, an apple and strawberries. I chopped up my apple into slices while I cut the strawberries into quarters. Then I sprinkled the salad with homemade granola. You can find some great granola recipes online; however, I put about a cup of  rolled oats and unsalted peanuts into the oven at 350 degrees and baked them for about 20-25 minutes or until golden. I would recommend coating them with olive oil, apple juice, or something else so they are not too dry. (I've messed this recipe up before!) Then I toasted coconut flakes in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Once the oats, peanuts and coconuts are done mix them together with raisins and store in a plastic container.

Salad Ingredients:
Lettuce of your choice
1 Apple
Strawberries
Homemade Granola (see links for recipes below)

Of course what really made this lunch sweet was that my little boy Mango came to dine with me! His fur is a bit dirty here because of the blizzard that just came through Massachusetts. The ground is still wet so Mango's white fur doesn't stay white too long. ;)


Below are some homemade granola recipes. I have an inkling that it was just a whim this particular batch of granola came out ok! (Of course feel free to just top your salad with raisins, peanuts and toasted coconut flakes. This would be great as well.)

Daniel Fast Granola

Winter Granola

Skillet Vegan Granola

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.


share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
Add a comment »

Leave a Reply